Table of Contents
What is BBCode ?
BBCode is a simple-to-understand markup language. See: BBCode
- [h2]Heading 2nd level[/h2] to [h6]Heading 6th level[/h6]
(Because h1 is the heading for the page title, it has been disabled in the content of every page.)
- [quote]text quotation[/quote]
[*]bulleted list element 1
[*]bulleted list element 2
[*]Numbered list element 1
[*]Numbered list element 2
- [video=http://youtube.com/MYVIDEO] allows to insert a YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook video in your entry
- [url]http://www.page.com[/url] or [url=http://www.mypage.com]description[/url]
- url can begin with images/ or attachs/ (images/ will be translated into IMAGES_DIR, attachs/ into ATTACHS_DIR, typically fp-content/attachs/)
- [mail]firstname.lastname@example.org[/mail] or [email@example.com]link text[/url] adds a bot-protected mail link
- [html][/html] literal html. All code between these is not changed.
Alternative: Enable inline HTML.
- [img=IMAGEPATH (alt=alternate text) (title=title text) (popup=false) (scale=NN%) (width=N) (height=N) (float=left|right) (loading=lazy|eager)]
(items in parenthesis are optional).
- if IMAGEPATH begins with images/ it will be automatically translated into the appropriate URL for fp-content/images/
- alt sets the alternate text
- title title shown on mouse-over
- float float the images to the left or to the right
- popup If set to true and the LightBox2 plug-in is enabled (it is by default) display of the image will driven by the plug-in. (Actually the plug-in is the LightBox work-alike Slimbox).
- scale creates a thumbnail NN% smaller than the original. Example: [img=images/picture.jpg scale=5%]
- If the thumb plugin is enabled (it is by default) and the server has the GD2 php extension installed (usually it is) the generated thumbnail is a real, static thumbnail. Otherwise the image will look small in browser but the browser will be actually downloading the original file.
- Setting a scale value automatically invokes popup=true and clicking on the thumbnail will display the image in a “LightBox”.
- Scale doesn't work on remote images.
- width and height set the width or height on the image in pixels.
- You can use both of them or only one. If you set only one the re-sized image will retain its aspect ratio.
- if the thumb plug-in is enabled and the GD2 php extension is installed on the server (usually it is) it will generate a thumbnail image file and popup=true will be invoked, unless specifically set to false.
- Static thumbnail creation does not work on remote images.
- loading images will be loaded not before the user scrolls near them (“lazy” - better performance!) or immediately on loading the page. If not set explicitly, “lazy” is used.
- [size=80%]smaller[/size] or [size=120%]bigger[/size] text
FONT is a valid css font-family value (“sans-serif”, “Times” etc.)
COLOR is a valid css color value (e.g. #cb0600)
BBCode from other standard plugins
doc/plugins/bbcode.txt · Last modified: 2021/07/07 17:05 by norfolkgreg